John 14:2 – 3
2. In my Father's house are rooms enough; if it was not so, would I have said that I am going to make ready a place for you?
3. And if I go and make ready a place for you, I will come back again and will take you to be with me, so that you may be where I am.
Christians have the assurance that the life we have on earth will not be the only life we’ll ever have. We will have eternal life with God in the afterlife. This amazing truth keeps us standing in times of trouble. We are being encouraged to ensure that everything we do on earth will prepare us for eternal life. Our wealth is the promise of salvation.
It is so much easier to face life’s difficulties when we can weigh it up with an eternal life with God. We can definitely look forward to the day when all tears will be of the past and we can meet with God, face to face, in Heaven.
Matt 6:20 – 21
20. But make a store for yourselves in heaven, where it will not be turned to dust and where thieves do not come in to take it away:
21. For where your wealth is, there will your heart be.
Phil 3:20 – 21
20. For our country is in heaven; from where the Saviour for whom we are waiting will come, even the Lord Jesus Christ:
21. By whom this poor body of ours will be changed into the image of the body of his glory, in the measure of the working by which he is able to put all things under himself.