Friday 6 May 2011

DESPONDENCY

Romans 15:4

Now those things which were put down in writing before our time were for our learning, so that through quiet waiting and through the comfort of the holy Writings we might have hope.

People who live in the dark shadows of disappointment, most often don’t have anything else left but their faith in God.  They might even become rebellious against this faith, just like Job with his numerous reproaches and questions.  Struggle is part of faith.  It is most often good for the effective cleaning of the wound, but finally the process will reach a point.  This doesn’t mean that you will suddenly start singing a song of joy because your disappointments changed to blessings. You will rather become content in the fact that you can be without everything else, but not without God, because being without God, is being without everything.
Psalm 10:17 Lord, you have given ear to the prayer of the poor: you will make strong their hearts; you will give them a hearing.

2 Tim 1:12 And for which I undergo these things: but I have no feeling of shame. For I have knowledge of him in whom I have faith, and I am certain that he is able to keep that which I have given into his care till that day.

1 Pet 1:6-7  You have cause for great joy in this, though it may have been necessary for you to be troubled for a little time, being tested in all sorts of ways,
So that the true metal of your faith, being of much greater value than gold which, though it comes to an end, is tested by fire, may come to light in praise and glory and honour, at the revelation of Jesus Christ

Isaiah 41:10  Have no fear, for I am with you; do not be looking about in trouble, for I am your God; I will give you strength, yes, I will be your helper; yes, my true right hand will be your support.


God Bless!







No comments:

Post a Comment