Monday 2 January 2012

NEW BEGINNINGS


Isaiah 43:18-19 (GNB)

18. But the LORD says, "Do not cling to events of the past or dwell on what happened long ago.
19. Watch for the new thing I am going to do. It is happening already---you can see it now! I will make a road through the wilderness and give you streams of water there.

Joyce Meyer wrote: “God created us to need new beginnings – places where we can release our faith and say, “This is a place of new beginnings for me, a place to have a fresh start.”  The dawn of a new year is always a good time for a fresh start.”

This year is my fresh start, my chance to have the abundant life Jesus said I can have, and the only way I can accomplish this successfully is by letting go of the past.

The last 15 months have been one big rollercoaster for me when it comes to change, trying to find a place I can call home.  I learned a lot, I experienced a lot and I cried a lot.  I also asked God on a number of occasions, “Why am I here?”  At first He didn’t answer, but the day I said my goodbyes, I knew the reason, He was building my strength and faith for bigger things to come.

God granted me the opportunity to meet a diverse group of people, each one with their own troubles and hopes and dreams, each one looking for acceptance in their own special way.  I learned that I’m not alone in my search for belonging, but that He was there to help me find rest for my feet.

Sometimes He will place you somewhere for a mere season.  The season may be a day, a month, a year or a lifetime, we don’t know.  My season was short, but the impact on my life was enough to last a lifetime.

I’m embarking on a new journey, a brand new season in my life.  Forever, I will carry His promise with me, (Jeremiah 29:11) I alone know the plans I have for you, plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster, plans to bring about the future you hope for.

Have a blessed New Year!
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment