Sunday 4 September 2011

GOD'S PROMISE TO ME


Exodus 23:25 - 27

25 Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you, 26 and none will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a full life span. 27 “I will send my terror ahead of you and throw into confusion every nation you encounter. I will make all your enemies turn their backs and run.

The message this morning was about healing,  God's awesome healing of our spiritual and physical diseases.  The medical profession might be able to provide the medication to heal the physical, but God only can heal the spiritual, and only He can bless the medication to our bodies to heal the physical.  Illness is not from God, He is the Healer, He loves us unconditionally.

My daughter recently celebrated her 13th birthday .  She is my miracle child, and absolute gift from God and a blessing to our lives.  She's beautiful inside and out, and her relationship with Jesus Christ is evident in her life.
She is also my only child, a very sensitive area of my life.  I've always wanted more children, and my plan was to be pregnant with a brother or sister when she turned 18 months.  Note that this was my plan, and not necessarily God's plan.  This started my long and painful walk with infertility.

We tried it all .... taking my temperature before I lift my head off the pillow in the morning.  Tablets and injections, doctors and doctors, and tablets and injections and some more doctors and more money and more money, and more disappointments.  Operation after operation after operation, of which the last was more serious than the previous - a number of non malignant tumours were discovered in my uterus, and these had to be removed by way of a very delicate operation. Our last resort would be in vitro fertilization, but we are not financially strong enough to cover such an incredible expense, one of which the success rate is estimated at 30% only.

Anybody experiencing infertility, will understand the hurt and anger you feel when someone close to you falls pregnant, WITHOUT TRYING!!!!! The worst is when they're not happy about the gift they received, as impossible as this might sound.

A few weeks ago, I received an anonymous email, telling me about a book I had to read about a couple who were also 'victims' of infertility, but through faith in God's promises as in the passage above, they are now the proud parents of 4 children.  They're testimony has inspired so many couples around the world, and again, by faith they too have become fruitful and were blessed with children.  Amazing isn't it?  I had my doubts at first - I'm human, I've been infertile for close on 13 years, off course I'll have doubts.

I started reading each and every verse they quoted from the Bible, and the message was clear - God did not plan for any of us to be barren or have pain while giving birth.  Jesus Christ was sent to save us from sin, so save us from unfruitfulness and pain.  He took the cross upon Himself, and we were set free!!!!!  We shall be fruitful and we will not have pain bearing children!  And I claim this promise .....

Now, back to this morning's message.  Our Pastor called me and Justin for prayer.  He prophesied over us .... not the first time.  Previously, God said that I will be a mother of nations.  I didn't know what He meant by this, and together with Justin, we prayed and asked for an answer to this message.  My thoughts were that maybe I will be a spiritual mother to many, or maybe I will adopt a child or two or three ..... This morning came the answer, I will be a mother of nations, not spiritually but by flesh.  I WILL BEAR CHILDREN.  God promised me that we will become pregnant and we will bear children.  He revealed the reason for our unfruitfulness, and asked us to be obedient and do what He asks of us.

My body is His temple, and all He ask of me is to take care of His temple, to ensure a healthy lifestyle, and not to abuse the body He has entrusted me with.  You see, I am guilty of abusing my body, I don't always eat healthy meals, sometimes I skip meals because I'm scared I'll gain weight, etc etc.  I don't exercise like I should, and I don't rest enough.  Justin is as guilty as I am, together we are completely abusing our health and God's temple.

The Holy Spirit was present this morning, While He was healing my body, I was shaking uncontrollably, I couldn't stop, no matter how hard I tried.  I realised again, the incredible power of our God, His unconditional love for His children, and the fact that although we might sometimes think He doesn't hear us or see us, the opposite is true!

Dear Lord Jesus,
I stand before you with peace and happiness in my heart, knowing that You are a faithful Father.  You promised to heal me, and You did.  Father I pray that you would bless my and Justin's bodies in preparation for the miracle of life.  Father I further pray Your blessings on each and every person that read this message, that they too will receive your powerful healing and bear fruit.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment