1 Cor 10:10 - 13 (KJV)
10. Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
11. Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
12. Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
13. There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
In a culture where depravity and temptation stalks, Paul encourages the Corinthians to resist temptation. He says: Everybody experiences temptation and sinful desires; that is why you should not believe that you are alone. Others have survived this, and so can you; all temptation can be resisted, because God helps us to do this.
God helps you to resist temptation by helping you to:
1. recognize people and situations which may cause problems for you
2. to run from things you know is wrong
3. choose to do the right thing
4. ask God in prayer for help and guidance
5. search for friends who love God and who will assist you in times of temptation
To run from temptation is the 1st step to victory!