Tuesday 19 July 2011

FEAR

FEAR: a painful emotion or passion excited by an expectation of evil, or the apprehension of impending danger.  Fear is the passion of our nature which excites us to provide for our security, on the approach of evil.

I have always considered myself to be emotionally strong.  No situation could bring me down, and solutions were but a thought away.  The truth is that this all changed quickly, when I fell into the deep end of the pit and was left to drown.  I was at my most vulnerable, a state unknown to me...  fear set in.

My heart was beating fast and furious; I had to look around the room to make sure nobody could see.  Little droplets of sweat made their way down my face, my mouth became extremely dry, and no amount of water could rehydrate my tongue. Nausea took hold of my throat, and forced my eyes to close and this is when I heard His voice saying:

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever
(Ps 23:1-6)

My Lord is my Shepherd, he has done kind things for me, I need not fear any evil, and God will never leave me nor forsake me. 

In times of fear, pain or persecution, remember: God the Father, gave His Son Jesus Christ, our Saviour to die for all our sins, and through true repentance and faith in Him, we are set free.   We need not fear evil because God the Holy Spirit lives within us as a comforter of heart and soul.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment