Thursday 7 July 2011

A CHRISTIAN ATTITUDE

Habakkuk 3:17 – 19

17.  Even if the fig tree does not bloom and the vines have no grapes, even if the olive tree fails to produce and the fields yield no food, even if the sheep pen is empty and the stalls have no cattle-
18.  even then, I will be happy with the LORD. I will truly find joy in God, who saves me.
19.  The LORD Almighty is my strength. He makes my feet like those of a deer. He makes me walk on the mountains. For the choir director; on stringed instruments.

This week has been a true test of faith and perseverance.  On Monday I had to wait in a queue for 2 hours, being number 499 in the line.  Tuesday saw flash floods hit our town, and for the first time in my life I was stuck between subways and roads being flooded with nowhere to go.  Wednesday the tension increased when someone close to home went missing and found many hours later, drugged; robbed and locked in his vehicle’s boot.  Thursday, no airline would allow the same, found, missing person to board a plane due to him not having any identification, which naturally was stolen as well.  During all this time, I was in the middle.  Tonight, I’m tired... I’m human and this is too much for me to handle.
During a recent hospital visit, I met an amazing lady.  Her name is Desiree.  She’d been in an accident three weeks ago, and is severely injured.  She sustained injuries to her skull; neck and back, and the result is that she can’t move any body parts except her eyes and needless to say, she is in constant pain.  She will still be in this position for the next five weeks.   Why is she such an amazing lady, you might ask.  The reason is, she has not complained once about her situation, she’s only given praise to our Father for saving her life and for making her a little better every day.  She’s portraying a true Christian attitude.
We pray and we ask for patience, and The Lord gives us trials and tribulations to exercise our gift of patience.  We pray and ask for courage, and The Lord gives us situations to exercise our gift of courage.  Our attitudes as Christians should portray the gifts bestowed on us. 
No task or situation will ever be too much for us to handle.  Hand it over, and walk away.
Exodus 14:14 ‘The LORD is fighting for you! So be still!" (The wonderful deliverance that God wrought for the Israelites out of their distress.)

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment