Wednesday 15 June 2011

WHAT IS A DAD

A dad is someone who
wants to catch you before you fall
but instead picks you up,
brushes you off,
and lets you try again.
A dad is someone who
wants to keep you from making mistakes
but instead lets you find your own way,
even though his heart breaks in silence
when you get hurt.
A dad is someone who
holds you when you cry,
scolds you when you break the rules,
shines with pride when you succeed,
and has faith in you even when you fail...
Dad, you're everything a dad should be and some.
(Susan Ceylise)
What a beautiful poem.  Every word has been carefully selected and it describes by Dad perfectly – God and Lord Almighty, Father to all believers.
He caught me when I fell.  He brushed me off, and gave me courage to try again.  He wants to keep me from making mistakes and His heart breaks when I get hurt.  He always holds me near when I cry, and shines with pride when I succeed and faithfully obey His commands.
Isaiah 30:21 ‘If you wander off the road to the right or the left, you will hear his voice behind you saying, "Here is the road. Follow it."

2 Cor 6:18 ‘The Lord Almighty says, "I will be your Father, and you will be my sons and daughters."

John 1:12 ‘However, he gave the right to become God's children to everyone who believed in him.’

Lord Jesus Christ, thank you for being my Father.
HAVE A BLESSED FATHER’S DAY ON SUNDAY 19 JUNE.

No comments:

Post a Comment