Friday 1 April 2011

SUCCESS

Jeremia 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. (ESV)

Pois eu bem sei os planos que estou projetando para vós, diz o Senhor; planos de paz, e não de mal, para vos dar um futuro e uma esperança. (PJFA)

Mert én tudom az én gondolatimat, a melyeket én felõletek gondolok, azt mondja az Úr; békességnek és nem háborúságnak gondolata, hogy kivánatos véget adjak néktek. (HKB)

To prosper is to render successful, to succeed. The Lord made all that He did to prosper in His hand – Gen 39.’  

I’m a very proud mother today.  My daughter was made editor of the school’s newspaper, a major accomplishment!  Her beautiful smile and happy face is proof thereof. She prospered!

We all have high aspirations in life; we all want to be successful.  How will this be achieved? It is only possible through hard work and determination.  I realised very early in life that if I wanted good marks, I needed to study, if I wanted a better job, I had to go the extra mile, if I wanted to lose a few more kilograms I had to stick to my diet!   It sounds simple enough, but there is much more to it....

Matt 7:13 "Don't look for shortcuts to God. The market is flooded with sure-fire, easygoing formulas for a successful life that can be practiced in your spare time. Don't fall for that stuff, even though crowds of people do.
14 The way to life--to God!--is vigorous and requires total attention.

In Joyce Meyer’s book ‘Ending Your Day Right’, I read that a number of people in this world are trapped in a mediocre lifestyle.   They lack personal motivation, and are easy targets for those who promise an easy way to success that requires little or no effort on their part.  They do just enough to get by, but they never go the extra mile.

We should all live a life of excellence, which has always been part of God’s plan for us.  You need to find out what God’s plan is for your life, and pursue it vigorously.  You will be fulfilled and the fruit of your life will bring glory to God.

God’s plan for me included spreading the good news of His Son Jesus Christ.   I WANT to pursue His plan vigorously.  I WANT to bring glory to God. How about you?

God Bless!





No comments:

Post a Comment