Thursday 14 April 2011

A DOUBTING THOMAS

John 20:25 - the other disciples told him, "We saw the Master." But he said, "Unless I see the nail holes in his hands, put my finger in the nail holes, and stick my hand in his side, I won't believe it."

To doubt is to fluctuate in opinion; to hesitate or to be in uncertainty, even in matters divine, concerning some things, we may lawfully doubt and suspend our own judgement.
A friend gave me her personal journal to read.  I was a bit surprised at her reasons for her trusting me with her personal thoughts, but at the same time it touched my heart deeply and I vowed to keep it safe.

Recently I met someone who admitted to giving up on Christ!  One day he decided he had enough of all the heartache he’d been experiencing and believed that God had forsaken him and left him alone. He also didn’t feel that he was being fed by the Spirit. He went to a local pub, ordered two brandies, drank it, and said this is it, it’s over... No more Jesus!

I was shocked to say the least!  How do you give up on God?  How do you turn your back on God?  I prayed silently and asked God for strength and words to give answer to this revelation. 

God’s first answer: Heb 13:5 Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

God’s second answer: 1 Cor 12:13 For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body--Jews or Greeks, slaves or free--and all were made to drink of one Spirit.
It’s not that he wasn’t being fed by the Spirit, it’s that he’s heart was closed to it.

During our conversation, I noticed that in his heart he would like to turn back to the Light, but he’s possibly too stubborn to admit it.  It was also his comment that God would never be able to forgive him that made me realize that I’ve touched a nerve or two.

Today, I was reading my friend’s journal.  There I found God’s third answer: Isa 30:21 whether you turn to the right or to the left, you will hear a voice saying, "This is the road! Now follow it." I immediately knew that this was meant for him.  I closed my eyes and asked Jesus if He wanted me to give the man this message. 

Immediately after I gave him the verse, I started doubting myself.  A little voice told me that I’ve overstepped the boundaries and it was not my place to comment.   The devil was at work, clearly not happy that I was stirring the pot.

A few minutes later, a return message... ‘No offence at all, in fact, thank you very much.  I appreciate it.’
Thank you Jesus!!!!  ‘Lord please forgive me for doubting You.  Lord, thank you for my friend who trusted me with her journal and thank you for using me as an instrument to grow Your Kingdom.’

There is no place for doubt in our lives!  When God the Holy Spirit speaks we have to be obedient!

BE OBEDIENT AND HAVE FAITH!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment