Thursday 17 March 2011

NOW IS THE RIGHT TIME

Time is a very scarce commodity.  I think we all know that.  The phrase 'Buy some time', has always fascinated me.  Where can I buy this time, and how much does it cost?  Will I then have enough, or will I need more?  I don't think any amount of money in the world would be sufficient to purchase time.

We experienced the feeling of how precious TIME is this morning, when neither me or my husband, Justin, heard our alarm's go off.  I was in the middle of a dream, and I can remember it as clearly as if I'm still standing in it, when I suddenly got a fright and opened my eyes.  Bigger was the fright when I realised that it's actually light outside, which is not supposed to be for the time I have to get up.  I jumped out of bed, woke Justin, told him we're late and ran to the shower.  On the way I woke Cara, told her too, that we're late, and that we had no less than 20 minutes to get finished.  Our time was not enough, it was really scarce.

Everybody switched over to teamwork mode, and Justin made coffee, Cara got dressed immediately and I showered, did my make-up and my hair and still managed to leave the house at 6:57 am.  Under pressure we can perform miracles!  Why not every day? 

Time is very important, and especially when choosing to follow God.

Joshua 24: 11-16

11 “‘Then you crossed the Jordan and came to Jericho. The citizens of Jericho fought against you, as did also the Amorites, Perizzites, Canaanites, Hittites, Girgashites, Hivites and Jebusites, but I gave them into your hands. 12 I sent the hornet ahead of you, which drove them out before you—also the two Amorite kings. You did not do it with your own sword and bow. 13 So I gave you a land on which you did not toil and cities you did not build; and you live in them and eat from vineyards and olive groves that you did not plant.’
 14 “Now fear the LORD and serve him with all faithfulness. Throw away the gods your ancestors worshiped beyond the Euphrates River and in Egypt, and serve the LORD. 15 But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.”
 16 Then the people answered, “Far be it from us to forsake the LORD to serve other gods!

Joshua gave the people a choice to serve the Lord.  They had to decide for themselves, but they had to decide now!  When you decide to serve the Lord, your lifestyle must reflect it, and you must be an example to all others. 

Now is the right TIME to CHOOSE!  'But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.'

God Bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment