Wednesday 16 March 2011

COMFORT

2 THESSALONIANS 2:16-17

16 May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, 17 encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.

Sadness and heartache forms part of the human existence.  Since the beginning of this year a number of close friends and acquaintances have either been diagnosed with terminal illnesses, passed away of unnatural causes or experienced the breaking of relationships and changing of family structures.  Where are we going to find our comfort?

Our comfort comes from Jesus in John 14:16-17:  16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Jesus our Saviour asked God our Creator to give us a Comforter - The Holy Spirit, to live with us and be in us.

Despite all the turmoil and ailments, problems and concerns, Someone who understands and cares arrives and say: 'Blessed are those who are sad, because they will be comforted.'
2 Cor 1:3-4
Praise to the God of All Comfort
 3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
 
God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. On my way to work this morning Link fm played a song from Jesus Culture feat. Kim Walker called Rooftops. I went straight to my desk and googled the lyrics. " Here I am before You, falling in love and seeking Your truth. Knowing that Your perfect grace has brought me to this place. Because of You, I freely live, my life to You, oh God, I give. So I stand before You, God, I lift my voice cause You set me free.
    So I shout out Your name, from the rooftops I proclaim that I am Yours, I am Yours.
    All the good You've done for me, I lift up my hands for all to see. You're the only one who brings me to my knees. To share this love across the earth, the beauty of Your holy worth. So I kneel before You, God. I lift my hands cause You set me free. So I shout out Your name, from the rooftops I proclaim that I am Yours, I am Yours. All that I am, I place into Your loving hands, and I am Yours, I am Yours.
    Here I am, I stand, with arms wide open, to the One, the Son, the Everlastin God"
    I felt instantly uplifted and excited to be alive - because with everything that is going on in the world, I am His!!! For the first time in a long time, I want to shout it from the rooftops - GOD, I AM YOURS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Desiree, you've just given me goosebumps and tears in my eyes! I know exactly how you feel! You want to laugh and cry and shout all at once, His grace and love is overwhelmingly powerful. Thank you for sharing this! I'm going to find this song right now! Love you!

    ReplyDelete