Tuesday 29 March 2011

CHURCHGOER OR CHRISTIAN

ISV
13 "Go in through the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the road is spacious that leads to destruction, and many people are entering by it.
14 How narrow is the gate and how constricted is the road that leads to life, and few are the people who find it!"
15 “Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheeps' clothing but inwardly are savage wolves.
16 By their fruit you will know them. Grapes aren't gathered from thorns, or figs from thistles, are they?
17 In the same way, every good tree produces good fruit, but a rotten tree produces bad fruit.

HKB
13  Menjetek be a szoros kapun. Mert tágas az a kapu és széles az az út, a mely a veszedelemre visz, és sokan vannak, a kik azon járnak.
14  Mert szoros az a kapu és keskeny az az út, a mely az életre visz, és kevesen vannak, a kik megtalálják azt.
15  Õrizkedjetek pedig a hamis prófétáktól, a kik juhoknak ruhájában jõnek hozzátok, de  belõl ragadozó farkasok.
16  Gyümölcseikrõl ismeritek meg õket. Vajjon a tövisrõl szednek-é szõlõt, vagy a bojtorjánról fügét?
17  Ekképen minden jó fa jó gyümölcsöt terem; a romlott fa pedig rossz gyümölcsöt terem.

PJFA
13  Entrai pela porta estreita; porque larga é a porta, e espaçoso o caminho que conduz à perdição, e muitos são os que entram por ela;
14 e porque estreita é a porta, e apertado o caminho que conduz à vida, e poucos são os que a encontram.
15  Guardai-vos dos falsos profetas, que vêm a vós disfarçados em ovelhas, mas interiormente são lobos devoradores.
16  Pelos seus frutos os conhecereis. Colhem-se, porventura, uvas dos espinheiros, ou figos dos abrolhos?
17  Assim, toda árvore boa produz bons frutos; porém a árvore má produz frutos maus.

A few days ago I had a similar posting referring to this scripture, see ‘Wilting Flower’.  The reason I refer back to this today was because of an encounter I had this morning.
I arrived at the office early and made use of the time by reading a section of my bible.  I noticed a well know bakery in town’s truck stop to deliver bread for the staff.  At first I thought that the supervisor would sign receipt for the goods, but the truck driver proceeded to approach me, still sitting in the car. 
I opened the window to greet him and sign acceptance of the stock when I noticed him looking at my bible.  He asked me if indeed I was reading out of the Holy Book, whereby I said yes.  He then asked me if I’m a Christian or a Churchgoer.  How strange I thought, should these two not go hand in hand?
Curious about his question, I wanted to know why he would ask something like that, and then also mentioned my initial thought that these two should go together.  He answered no..., a Christian is saved, a Churchgoer leaves church and proceed to live by the ways of the world.
I asked Patrick if he is saved, he said yes.  Which are you, a Christian who is saved or a churchgoer living by the ways of the world?
Mat 7:16 ‘You shall know them by their fruits – The saviour gives the proper test of their character.  People do not judge of a tree by its leaves, or bark, or flowers, but by the fruit which it bears.  The flowers may be beautiful and fragrant, the foliage thick and green; but these are merely ornamental.  It is the ‘fruit’ that is of chief service to man; and he forms his opinion of the nature and the value of the tree by that fruit.  So of pretentions to religion.  The profession may be fair; but the ‘conduct’ – the fruit – is to determine the nature of the principles. (Barnes)

PRAYER:

Father, I pray tonight for forgiveness of sins, intentional and unknown.  I pray for salvation of souls.  I ask You to be our Gardener, so we shall bear good fruit.  I ask your protection against the ways of the world, in order for the world to see that we are Saved Churchgoers and not merely Churchgoers living by the ways of the world.  AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment